Eolo: a wonderful place to stay during your visit to the glaciers
We met Lucia Kuperman to talk about Eolo, Patagonia´s Spirit
When you visit El Calafate, the gate to enjoy Perito Moreno Glacier and other incredible glaciers in Los Glaciares National Park, you can choose to stay in any of the hotels located in the small village, but if you´re looking for something more interesting, Eolo embodies the spirit of Patagonia. This awesome hotel was built on the land where the first creole and European immigrants of the area initially set foot. Visitors not only leave their mark but also depart with a sense of having been deeply transformed by the experience.
Today, we met Lucia Kuperman, Commercial Manager at Eolo to talk about why Eolo is the perfect place to stay during your trip to the area.
- HELLO LUCIA, THANKS FOR YOUR TIME.
- Thank you Ramiro, it´s very important for us to talk about Eolo
- I WANT TO START WITH THE LOCATION. THE LANDSCAPE WHERE EOLO IS SITUATION IS AMAZING. YOU´RE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STEPPE!
- Yes, we´re in a 10.000 acres estancia, between El Calafate city and the incredible Perito Moreno Glacier, in a very privileged location within the Patagonian Steppe. And yes, the landscape is amazing.
- DEFINITELY... I SEE YOU MENTION "THE LUXURY OF THE SIMPLE THINGS", IS THAT PART OF THE EOLO PHILOSOPHY?
- Correct, we offer a luxurious but not ostentatious service. We offer comfort and excellent service but in a relaxed way. So, yes it´s part of our philosophy. We´re a Reais & Chateaux hotel too. Eolo was conceived as a place of quiet charm; no excesses, no stridencies... an understated elegance. It is a starting point and a destination. Inspired in the historic estancias of the area, the entire hotel, from its furniture to its dishware, combines the simple structure of the creole houses with hints of the area's original people and vanguard aspects of modern architecture.
- HOW MANY ROOMS DO YOU OFFER IN TOTAL?
-We have a total of 17 rooms that were conceived in a way that guests can enjoy a profoundly restful sleep and are also able to relish in the contemplation of the scenery from the intimacy of their room. The pastel colors and the simple lines share the space with antique furniture, which envelops guests in the spirit of a typical southern Argentinian estancia. Of course, all of them are fully equipped with telephone, WiFi, central heating - which may be set at individual preference - and a full set of amenities. The rooms do not have a TV, and it´s important because EOLO aims to foment a dialogue between our visitors and their surroundings so instead of a TV screen, guests will find cozy couches set in front of large windows with a view that is a true feast for the eyes.
- I SEE, AND WHAT ABOUT ROOM CATEGORIES?
- We have three room categories: Corner, Premium and Superior. The main difference is the size. The Corner are the best category of the rooms. They are set in the corners of the property so additionally, they have 2 big windows looking out at the beautiful view that allows the immensity of the scenery to subtly become part of the room. It is the highest category and there are only two of these rooms in the hotel. The average surface is 515 square feet. Superior and Premium rooms are also great. The superior offers Lake, steppe and/or cordillera views. We have a total of twelve superior rooms, each with its unique decoration, of which two allow an extra bed and triple occupancy. The average surface of each room is 400 square feet. Finally, the Premium Rooms are similar to the superior, but in addition to the outside window, these rooms have a second window with a view to the hotel's garden. There are three of these, each decorated differently. All have the option of an extra bed. The average surface is 500 square feet.
- WHAT SERVICES ARE INCLUDED IN THE RATE? WHAT ACTIVITIES CAN BE DONE IN EOLO?
- Well, we include daily breakfast of course, and a restaurant too for those who want to have lunch or dinner here. And we have a wide variety of outdoors activities that can be chosen from a menu. We have trekkings, horseback ridings, mountain biking, birdwatching...
- GASTRONOMY IS IMPORTANT FOR OUR CLIENTS. WHAT CAN YOU TELL US ABOUT THAT?
- Absolutely, it´s very important for us too. Let me say that´s one of our highlights. Our chef, Juan Pablo Bonaveri who has been in charge of the restaurant for the past five years, uses and optimizes regional products while, at the same time, applying international cuisine techniques and aesthetics. The result has his personal signature, one which values our origins and heritage without losing the cosmopolitan touch. This balance is present in every one of the dishes that we offer our guests. Breakfast may be accompanied by the mesmerizing sunrise, lunch in front of the immensity of the scenery, teatime is the time to get to know our delicate selection of blends accompanied by some exquisite pastry pieces. The bar is also an ideal place to relax - before or after dinner - and to exchange anecdotes and experiences of the day's journey. All of our wines come exclusively from Argentine wineries. We toured the country's top vineyards selecting the best labels for the enjoyment of our guests.
- WHAT´S THE IDEAL STAY? HOW MANY NIGHTS DO YOU FEEL IS PERFECT TO STAY IN EOLO?
- Well, let me say 4 nights. I think it´s the ideal stay to visit the attractions in the area, and also the hotel.
- WHAT´S THE BEST SEASON TO VISIT THE AREA?
- Well, best season is from October to May. Of course most people come during summer season, but October, November, March, April are great months... So, we recommend the whole season to visit Eolo.
- GREAT, YOU WERE VERY INFORMATIVE LUCIA, THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME
- You´re welcome Ramiro. We will be waiting for your clients.
No doubt, Eolo is one of the best options to stay in the area and visit Los Glaciares National Park. The landscape is unique, and it is a wonderful opportunity to be located in a hotel immersed in the Patagonian steppe, which gives it a distinctive touch compared to other hotels located in El Calafate downtown.
For more information and bookings, you can contact us at email@example.com. Remember we have a wide variety of tours to visit El Calafate and the area. We will be ready to help you organize the best trip to Patagonia Argentina.
Photos: Thanks to Lucia Kuperman and Eolo