The Patagonian ice field is, after Antarctica, the largest concentration of ice on the planet. Its glaciers descend from 1,500 to 200 meters above sea level enabling unique access and viewing of the glaciers. Los Glaciares National Park offers a magnificent combination of forest, lakes, mountains, ice fields and steppes with over 200 glaciers. The most renowned being Spegazzini rising 135 meters above sea level, Upsala covering an entire valley with an approximate extension of 765 Km2 and 53 Km in length, and the Perito Moreno Glacier, constantly advancing and causing the spectacular rupture of the wall of ice, providing one of Nature’s most impressive sights.
The Spirit of the Glaciers is an expedition that explores nature in-depth to unfold the true essence of this Patagonian region. Sailing onboard the elegant and exclusive M/V Santa Cruz, specially designed for this journey, It offers a perfect combination of high-end comfort and gourmet cuisine creating a truly memorable experience.
Take a look to the 2-night itinerary to enjoy the incredible Spirit of the Glaciers cruise.
5:00 pm: Boarding at the company’s private dock “La Soledad” in Bahía Tranquila (Paraje Punta Bandera) 5:30 pm Set sail to Bahia Alemana | Dinner and overnight at Puesto de las Vacas.
Breakfast I Landing at Puesto de las Vacas for a walk | Sailing towards Spegazzini glacier | Lunch | Sailing towards Upsala glacier | Dinner and overnight at Bahía Toro – Seno Mayo.
Breakfast | Hike in the Andean-Patagonian forest with views of Mayo and Negro glaciers | Navigation through Canal de los Témpanos towards Perito Moreno glacier | Lunch | Landing and walking along the glacier’s northern footpaths in the National Park | Sailing back to Paraje Punta Banderas | Disembark at 4:00 PM
The Ship: MV Santa Cruz
The M/V Santa Cruz combines comfort, design, and state-of-the-art technology to offer a unique glacier cruising experience:
- 20 en-suite cabins with outside view distributed in two levels.
- Ample deck space above the main lounge as well as the stern and bow deck.
- Restaurant, library, lounge and bar.
- Full board service including alcoholic beverages with meals.
- Hot beverages and soft drinks while sailing
- All activities with bilingual guides (Spanish-English)
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Length: 40.5 metres Beam: 10 metres
- Pontoon Beam: 2.1 metres Draught: 1.2 metres
- Hull and Superstructure built in Aluminium Engines: 2 x 1000 HP Caterpillar
- Cruise speed: 19 knots
- Maximum capacity: 40 passengers
Book this wonderful cruise experience. Click in the image below and book!
For more information, rates and departures, just email us at email@example.com